Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Aufgefahren

Wow it's been two weeks already! It feels like it was just yesterday I arrived, and at the same time it feels like I've been here a very long time. I've very much settled into the Berlin life, it's really very easy, I can honestly say that I love this town, even though I've still only seen about 5 % of it.


I've dropped my language course, the teacher was a bit of a turd, and frankly I had no patience with it. I've much rather explore the city, read the papers, watch German soaps and talk to my German roommates than listen to him, so that's what I did, and I'm very pleased with my decision. The fact that I have a whole month in Berlin with nothing planned except learning the language, also thrills me ceaselessly, though it have been pretty demoralizing for my friends, who are sticking to their courses (mainly due to a hefty admission I gather).

But actually I do have another task, besides learning Deutsch, namely finding a new room for October. Which is not as easy as I thought it would be. I haven't seriously started looking, that is on the schedule for this week, but it looks like it might take some work. The room I have now was the first one I applied for, so in my mind it was always extremely easy to find a room, but that was apparently a bit warped.
Anyway I'm sure I'll find something, of course the fact that I'm still extremely picky probably also have something to do with it. I've also talked with a friend about starting up a new 4-room WG (collective), and pulling in two Germans we can abuse for language lessons - we'll see.

Otherwise life is good, eating a lot of sausage and drinking a lot of beer, trying to integrate my self.

Tschüssi

No comments: