Monday, October 04, 2010

Theme: American literature

Oh my, there are so many great American books coming out.

I just read Don DeLillo's "Point Omega" (ok, not so good), then I was reading Richard Russo's pulitzer-winner "Empire Falls", but then I had to take a break from that because I had to prepare myself for Bret Easton Ellis' visit in Copenhagen (sold out I'm afraid), and read "Less than Zero", and now I'm reading "Imperial Bedrooms"(review forthcoming).

Mr. Bret Easton Ellis

Then Jonathan Franzen's superbly hyped new book "Freedom", just came to my door today - and last week I found William Gibson's new book "Zero History" in a bookstore. Oh yeah, and Paul Auster is out with "Sunset Park" (in Danish anyway) and Thomas Pynchon just wrote "Inherent Vice". Simultaneously I'm reading a new Danish anthology about American literature since 1980 (review forthcoming) - all in all choosing titles is not hard right now...

EDIT: And Philip Roth is out with a new book "Nemesis"

No comments: