Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Non stop

I've been listening to a lot of new good music lately, therefore I can't single any one release out here as the greatest. That's why this post will mostly just be name-dropping along with a few lines. I can't promise I'll even like these bands in a few weeks, but chances are I will - blabla.

Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See, But Cannot Feel


This is Bradford Cox' solo project - he's the singer from Deerhunter (the band who permanently damaged my hearing at a gig last year, and voted the second best album by FF of 2007). Some of the tracks sounds very Deerhunterish, but mostly they are a bit more minimalistic. I really like it, despite the long and pretentious title. Bradford also has a blog, on which he very often releases songs and remixes.




Black Dice - Load Blown


This is trippy, somewhat dronish, experimental sonical electronical noise (don't you love labels? They're so useless). It seems to get better each time, and some tracks really are killer. It has a very optimistic mood.



Boris - Smile


Japanese Boris, doom/drone/sludge metal-rock whatever, and destroyers of hearing, just released this album. There's a lot of singing on it, and the genre is mostly speedy metal. There's a couple of tracks I really like, but mostly this is pretty disappointing.



Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles


The media is all over this band, and the hype is as usual way to much. Despite that, this is a very good album, with some great 8-bit dance tracks.



Chromatics - Night Drive


New wave pop or dark disco. This is very eightish, but with a new millennium cynicism. And it's actually very cool, cool being the right word. Highly recommended, and the singer is a fox. There's a cover of Kate Bush' Running Up That Hill, that I must hear at least once a day.



High Places - 03/07 – 09/07



Tribal beats and coquette singing with cute lyrics, equals great and addictive music, made for sunny weather.



Ok, that has to be enough for now. Those who weren't mentioned, but deserved it are: Frightened Rabbit "The Midnight Organ Fight", M83 "Saturdays = Youth" and Growing "Vision Swim".
This was a bad idea, I'm never doing it again, and I'm moving this to my main blog, tchh.

No comments: