Monday, May 05, 2008

No Age


Funny thing, in my post about the Roskilde Festival program, I put the band No Age on the list I might see if I was in the mood. When I wrote that, I had never actually heard them, I had just read the description on the Roskilde homepage and thought it sounded interesting (the words noise, bloody and valentine being mentioned). Now yesterday, I heard their new album Nouns, which sounded incredible - noise pop somewhat similar to Deerhunter - and today a review which praised it highly was posted by pitchfork (9.2 - an unusual high score). Of course that reinforced my new found love for the album, and made me very grateful that I dodged the 'Pitchfork Whore' label, which I otherwise have a tendency to attract. Cudos to the festival once again, No Age certainly made my must-see list (sorry, Neil Young is still a maybe, even though he may 'be the shit').

No comments: