Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ich bin angekommen

I just moved to Berlin yesterday, into a room in an apartment in Prenzlauer Berg, in a collective with two German guys Christian & Markus. I'm officially here to study at the TU-Berlin for the coming semester as an Erasmus student.

My first feelings about living in Berlin so far are: I LOVE IT, I just walk the streets constantly high about actually living here, I love this city. And two, I'm never leaving, never, ever.

Today have been mostly about practical things, like getting registered at the university, getting a residence permit from the city hall, getting a German bank account and phone number, etc. etc. Tomorrow will also be mainly practical, but I have to say it's not been to much trouble so far, far less than I dreaded in any case.

My new street in Prenzlberg

I only speak German to both my roommates and in connection with my errands around town, and even though it sounds horrible in my ears, and mostly understood, and in turn understand everything, which is very cool! My 3 weeks of intensive German school, and 30+ hours of watching German TV series and films weren't for naught - logically :D

Even though all that, it was very nice to meet two Danish friends of mine, whom I meet at the language school, and being able to articulate myself better than a 5-year old. Later we're going out for cocktails, machts spaß!

I've created a photofolder for my Berlin photos on flickr here, where I will post what i shoot. Today I decided to see the city through my eyes, rather than through my camera, so so far it's only my new apartment. I'm sure I'll get around to playing the turist soon enough.

Lots of updates to come! Stay tuned.

No comments: