Monday, April 30, 2007

Stocking up

Hi everybody! ("Hi Dr. Nick!)

Busy busy working and having fun, constantly having a bad conscience that I'm not constantly clicking away with my new camera - that's the problem of owning such a nice (read: expensive) piece of equipment, you're so afraid of taking it anywhere, guess I should just bang it up a bit now and get it over with. But any day now, I will commence on a great photo project that will amaze all future generations, or hopefully just take a few nice pictures.


Meanwhile I've been stocking up further on nice shiny objects. Finally bought a flat screen TV, which I've been meaning to do for a while, it's a nice 32" LCD JVC. It's not up on my wall but will be soon.


I want my flat screen TV

The TV is HD ready, which goes together extremely well with my second purchase, a black shiny next-gen console: The Playstation 3!
I've been talking a lot about how I wanted to buy an Xbox 360, and I probably still will, but my brother offered me a deal on the PS I couldn't say no to. So now I have it, and it's got an HDMI exit for the full high-definition experience on my TV. Got two games for it so far, a somewhat average shooter called "Resistance - Fall of Man", and a totally amazing boxing game called "Fight Night Round 3", which is bloody awesome. I've never gotten games like Tekken, it's all to cartoonish and there's absolutely no sense of impact when you hit your opponent. Fight Night uses extremely realistic graphics, down to a swollen eye and the sweat beads on a boxers forehead, and the sense of actually hitting your opponents is unsurpassed. It is really easiest demonstrated in a short video clip.



But of course the most important thing in a game is the gameplay, and here Fight Night also delivers. The controls are smooth and intuitive, you control pretty much everything with the two analogue sticks on the controller in combination with a few buttons. You control punches of course - 6 different ones, either left or right, and the movement of the boxer, as well as where to tilt your upper body as well as where to block. Haven't tried it in multiplayer yet, but I suspect it to be very entertaining.

That's it for today's gadget news. Have a better one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Har du nogle geniale ideer til dit forhåbenligt snart kommende fotoprojekt.

Mvh

Thomas

Christian R said...

Jeg vil trave gaderne tynde og vente på at den guddommelige inspiration slår mig.