Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hergé and Tintin

Today the Belgian artist Hergé would have been 100 years. Like all boys, I also loved his comics about Tintin, and still do I guess. Saw a Danish documentary on him by Anders Østergaard called "Tintin Et Moi" yesterday, which I can highly recommend. It's about a very personal and long interview he gave to a French student in the seventies, where he reveals much of his personal life, and his psychological take on Tintin. It was very well done, very moving and interesting, and gave me a great desire for reading the comics again - which I'm doing right now actually. I really love his simple yet extremely detailed drawings, the characters, and of course the great stories.

Happy birthday Hergé.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ih ja man kan skam kun hylde "Tintin og mig" dokumentaren - og naturligvis også Tintin for den sags skyld - god genlæsning :-)