Monday, June 11, 2007

ROSKILDE


It's official, I'm going to the Roskilde Festival! It was touch-and-go there for a while, learned that the tickets were sold out Tuesday, Wednesday I heard that there were no spots at the job I had been hoping to get, so I spend the rest of the day being bummed out. But then Thursday I got the job anyway, so now I'm going to sell condoms to the kids, learn them about responsibility and shit - lols. It's gonna be fun I think, I'll be working with a lot of people who I've studied literature with, so it's gonna be a condoms/literature bonanza.

Some of the acts I'm looking forward to on Roskilde (given that I'll not be working when they play...)

  • Muse
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • Arcade Fire
  • The Flaming Lips
  • Boris
  • The Brian Jonestown Massacre
  • Camera Obscura
  • Cold War Kids
  • Eagles of Death Metal
  • Electrelane
  • Grizzly Bear
  • Loney, Dear
  • The National
  • Peter Bjorn and John
  • Wilco
To name a few, great program in my opinion. Unfortunately, while Roskilde is still the main muical event in Denmark, Danish music suffers harsh terms in the media these days. The two main sources of Danish music media-wise, Liga and Musikprogrammet are closing down, du to the catastrophy that is DR (Danish public television). Seems they really wanted a pretty building, so much that they had to pay many times more than what they thought at first, so now the coffers empty, and in consequence they'r closing down the programs with less than great mass apeal (i.e. quality programs), and sending more junk like celebrities singing and retarded quiz shows. Fuckheads.

But I digress...
Another thing I'm really looking forward to, besides Roskilde, is that Low will be playing in Copenhagen in August! It was one of my top names for the Primavera Festival in Barcelona, that I didn't get to go to, so I'm really excited about getting to see them anyway.

It's been a long time since I've talked about games, so here's a little trailer of the coming third title in the Fallout series. One of the greatest RPG games, and the definite post-apocalyptic one - yay for nuclear bombs!



By the way, are anybody enjoying this insane warmth? Or are everybody just going around in shorts with a frozen smile on their faces, while their entrails slowly boils? I know I am. Stop global warming now! Otherwise I'm moving to Norway.

No comments: