Thursday, June 21, 2007

Unreality rules


I've been on temporary leave from reality, playing a lot of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, a massive roleplaying game, that I already own for my PC, that I've now purchased for my PS3 as well. Yup spending more time in beautiful Cyrodiil than in drab Copenhagen. It's a huge game - like it will take you hours to go from one side to the other - and it's full of cities, dungeons, mines, small villages, people walking the roads etc. etc, and it will take you many many hours (days) to complete all the regular quests. Also it's totally open-ended, so you choose how to play the game, you're not forced to do anything. You could complete the main quest, and get the recently deceased emperor's son on the throne, or, you could buy a little house in town, go hunt deer at the break of dawn with your bow, pick up some mushrooms while you're in the forest, go back to town and make some potions with the meat and mushrooms, sell 'em to the local trader, and spend the money getting pissed with your mates at the local inn, or just do random quests for people. Yeah it's a great game.

Sticking with the subject, I finally got to try Gears of War for the Xbox 360. One of my friends added a 360, to his Wii. My big expectations for that game were not put to shame I must say, to use a cliché, it was more like playing the leading role in your own movie, than playing a game, it was so cinematographic. I must get that 360 soon...

I'll end this game-oriented post with an appropriate video. It's a scene from the great movie Der Untergang, with new subtitles. It is hilarious, but you probably have to know a little about Xbox, and Xbox Live to think so. Enjoy!

No comments: