Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ode to a three month break

Happy three-month anniversary!! (fireworks explode, confetti rain from the sky)

Yes, I'm still alive and well. I've been having too good of a time to care about blogging, that seems to be how it works anyway right, I mean the highest frequency of blogging was during the month where I wrote three exam papers.
Berlin is amazing, I really love this city, and now it's not the shallow love of first sight - the short weekends or weeks in Berlin that infatuate you with impressions but leave you hanging, the pretty girl on the street you fall in love with, but never get to know. Now it's a deep satisfying love, in spite of all the bad memories (you now know the beautiful girl, and she's told you about her horrible childhood, her scarred soul, but you love her in spite - or indeed because - of it). So deep is my love.



I have not been all wurst and bier though, I painstakingly update my 'cultural artifacts devoured' section, which indeed is the epicenter of this exhibitionistic endeavor. My tumbllr blog 'Digiscrap' still lives a thoroughly mediocre existence (accessible from the front page). My Flickr account is updated now and then. I'm all about the web 2.0 baby!

Also I have started this new silly blog, which is actually my exam for a course I have, which deals only with the reception of the song 'Sympathy For the Devil' by The Rolling Stones. I call it Sympathy For the Devil, pretty catchy. My teacher really liked the latest entry about the animé, so I'll do more stories like that in the future.

Also a new generation of bloggers have stepped up to the challenge, leaving us dinosaurs coughing in their dust, which I feel I owe some tribute, so here it is:

  • Overspringsværen Is the blog of the very talented illlustrator, and former TDC slave and little brother Thomas. Here he displays he's amazing and depraved (fast entartene) art. There is even a portrait of me there, try to find it.
  • Sneræven fra Østgrønlands Polarblog is the blog of a slightly fascist polarfox, and it's secret schemes for world domination
  • Ravneland is the blog of the tormented and weltschmertz-ish singer Magnus, who you may know from such bands as Manchild.
Look forward to the annual list of statistical data on my cultural consumptions, as well as the best of 2008 awards. It's gonna be super swell. Bis dann.

2 comments:

Martin A. Ibsen said...

Endelig lidt aktivitet her på "follies". Og et rigtig fint lille indlæg if I must say so.

Hvis man må komme med forlslag, så ville det være cool med en billedserie som illustration til:

"a deep satisfying love, in spite of all the bad memories (you now know the beautiful girl, and she's told you about her horrible childhood, her scarred soul, but love her in spite - or indeed because - of it). So deep is my love."

Billeder til dette udsagn ville være på sin plads... Bare et forslag:)

Christian R said...

En billedserie, det har jeg ingen anelse om hvordan man skulle gribe an. Medmindre man havde en model til rådighed - som fx Kate Moss, så ville det være fint.

Hvordan tænkte du?